Tuesday 22 November 2011

Smashbox in Wexford!!

Hi Guys

Right today I finally got to check out the counter in Kelly's Pharmacy in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford....a bit odd some might think as my usual port of calls are MUFE in Dublin and of course Brown Thomas in Dublin.  However, this wee place has the nicest staff and has a great Smashbox counter to boot!! I got a beautiful palette called Smokebox (do you like what they did there?) from the "Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette" with beautiful colours to suit every eye colour although they were designed for Hazel eyes in particular.  With this winters glam power trend these colours are luscious and party-ifying (that's a new word).  This comes with 6 shades of 1 satin nude shade and the rest are dark frosted with 1 light frosted shade also.  The colours are: Bliss(Satin, Peachy/Nude) Putty (Frost, Mushroom/Light Brown) Blacktop (Frost, Black), Mist (Frost, Champagne/Pinky/Lilac), Royal (Frost, Aubergine), Nocturnal (Frost, Navy).... These are just what I was looking for in just 1 palette...score! I also accompanied them with 2 separates Cabarnet (Frost, red wine coloured) and Aquatica (Frost, Dark Electric Blue/Navy). Apparently Smashbox are stopping all the individual shadows in favour of the palettes, which is grand.. normally if they get every palette just right! Also they have left the sisterhood of Max Factor in favour of Estee Lauder so perhaps they will follow a MAC route further down the line and have refillable palettes...now that is the best outcome, I'm sure their reading this so it will be so : ))
The lip gloss I opted for was the O-Gloss Noir, if it does what I think it does I will be a very happy bunny! This gloss is black...very unusual but it means for girls at home you can get that femme fatal dangerous evening glam look using your usual colours at home this should enhance the colour to look deep, dark and dangerous... fingers crossed! Now,  obviously not with every colour! I have done a fair few shoots that I would loved to have had this in my kit for!
Also in my little treasure trove is a sampling of Smashbox new 15 hour foundation. Trying this on in the shop it had quite a surprising finish. Started off like a fuller coverage foundation, with that thick viscosity but had a beautiful light finish when given a minute! I am holding out to be impressed when I try it properly!
Whats definitely worth getting but one in which I could not afford today with all my other purchases and many pending bills was a beautiful vivacious bangin Gold Gloss...it did what it said on the tin...FABULOUS...again, how I wish I had this for so many shoots in the past, unfortunately I've had to resort to using eye shadows and paint pots on lips of models with not nearly the same results. Another wee gem is the Goji Berry Lip and Cheek stain available. Amazingly this beauty reacts with your own skin colour to give the perfect pink finish to both lip and cheeks, watch the colour go from clear and change to a pink perfect for you!!! Amazing!!! Watch out though, you need to practice with this one as once on you have to work quick before the staining process takes hold, you could end up looking like you applied it in the dark...drunk!! Not a good look!

Anyhow, I will be doing a video using these products soon so please tune in and tell your friends!

Below is a link for Kelly's Pharmacy, Enniscorthy, Co.Wexford...Thank you girls!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kellys-Pharmacy-Enniscorthy/

No comments:

Post a Comment